Female impotence. How to increase labido?
"Labido" or sometimes spelled "Libido" or "Lobido" is the Latin word for sex drive that means sexual desire or lust: how much you want sex at any given moment.
According to the official statistics of FDA, this sexual dysfunction touches upon about 40% of women at the age of 18 to 59 in the USA. The disease may be acute or chronic and has various symptoms.
Let's learn about this disorder in more detail, and also find out how to increase labido.
- What is female sexual dysfunction? Female frigidity
- Low labido. Causes of female frigidity
- Vaginismus as a cause of impotence in women. What is Vaginismus?
- Female labido. How to increase labido in woman?
- Medicines to increase labido in women. Labido Booster
- The Best Female Enhancement
- Natural female enhancement
What is female sexual dysfunction? Female frigidity
Female sexual dysfunction or female frigidity is a common disease among women that has a progressive pattern.
The disease is characterized by many symptoms:
- Poor sexual desire;
- No sexual arousal;
- Orgasm disorder;
- Pain during sexual intercourse.
Depending on the intensity of the symptoms, it is usual to classify the sexual disorders of women into 4 stages:
- 1 stage: a light dissatisfaction with the sexual life because of the absent orgasms in more than 50% of the sexual intercourses but the sexual drive and desire is kept.
- 2 stage: the absence of orgasms in more than 90% of the sexual intercourses with the expressed decrease of the sexual drive.
- 3 stage: a complete absence of the sexual drive and arousal during any sexual stimulation.
- 4 stage: anorgasmia, dislike of the sexual stimulation, inability to have even the slightest sexual arousal, negative emotional attitude to the sexual intercourses.
The medicine have not paid attention to such problem as the female sexual dysfunctions for a long period. The issues of the female fertility and a reproductive function of women have been actively discussed, whilst the sexual health has not been considered. It was especially noticed at the end of XX-at the beginning of the XXI century, in the period of the active study of the erectile dysfunction of men and a development of the PDE5 inhibitors.
Full large-scale clinical studies concerning the female sexual dysfunction and female frigidity were conducted in 1999 according to which the modern statistics is built. The data provided today is related to the investigation of the sexual dysfunction of women during menopause.
This study was published in the Menopause magazine in a year 2010 and the national polls of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists in a year 2015, and other specific studies cover a narrow sector of women. Nobody now knows the exact scale of the problem.
The male sexual disorders are still explored in details because it is easier to recognize the issue and detect a cause. It is more difficult to detect the female sexual dysfunctions, and women often try to hide a discomfort in the sexual life. There is a common opinion that the sexual needs of a woman are considered as secondary one.
Many people deny this fact, psychologists and experienced sexologists confirm this information. Many women adapt to men forgetting about their sexual preferences. Women gradually lose the interest in the sexual relations because they do not get a satisfaction during sex and focus only on the technical side, and they take a sexual intercourse as a way to satisfy a man.
Unfortunately, this opinion is tales of the past, and even though women in the modern world start paying a great attention to their sexuality and realize an importance of the full sexual relations, there is still a problem to admit the issues in the sexual life of a woman. Due to this, the sexual dysfunctions decrease a quality of life, lead to the development of the issues, mental disorders and physiological problems.
It is not a secret that a sexual life is important for a woman not only to become pregnant but also for the normal functioning of the body. As a rule, women who have sexual dysfunctions have sex seldom and try to avoid the sexual relations. Due to lack of the sexual relations, women often have apathy, fatigue, low interest, their skin gets quickly older, wrinkles appear, and problems with the excessive body weight may happen.
There are confirmed facts that the absence of the regular sexual life of women may cause a development of the tumor diseases, and unclear uterine bleedings. The sexual dysfunction of women may appear in certain period of life or be chronic. It may happen at any stage of the life but according to the statistics, the disease has a progressive character and women during pre-menopause and menopause often suffer.
During this period, the symptoms of the sexual dysfunctions are more clear because the hormone changes happen in the female body, and it affects the sexual function. In spite of this, there are other factors that do not influence on the sexual health of young women. As a rule, young women state a decrease of the sexual drive after labours, because of promiscuous sexual behavior, as a result of traumas or after surgeries in the genitals.
There are many causes of the female impotence and female frigidity. The female sexual dysfunctions do not appear all of a sudden, just like the male ones, and pathological changes in the body precede them. Knowing the main cause, it is possible to consider a successful treatment.
Low labido. Causes of female frigidity
To know causes of the low labido and female dysfunctions and find out the therapeutic measures to be taken, a physiology of the female body should be known.
A cycle of the sexual response of women has several stages:
- A sexual drive is a psychoemotional process which is controlled by the psychological and hormone factors. This process is responsible for the complicated neurovascular reaction in the body which causes a sexual arousal. In most cases, the peculiar visual symptoms are absent because the processes happen on the level of unconsciousness.
- A phase of the sexual arousal is a physiological process which is accompanied by the rapid heartbeat, redness of face and other physiological manifestations. The arousal grows by means of the stimulation of the tactile, olfactory, and visual organs. These are touches, kisses, smells, eye contact, and others. The arousal of women is accompanied by the secretion of the liquid in the vagina and the blood flow to the genitals.
- Culmination is a peak of the arousal during the sexual intercourse when the intensive contraction of the muscles in the vagina happens. Due to the contractions of the muscles, a woman has pleasant sensations, the release of the happy hormones and satisfaction occurs, the peak satisfaction happens during the sexual intercourse.
- A relaxation is a final stage when the blood flow becomes normal in the genitals, the sexual arousal drops, and the euphoria and a relaxation occurs. Every woman goes through these stages during the sexual intercourse with a partner. A disorder may happen at any stage. At the same time, the disorder of every phase of the sexual response will have distinctive symptoms.
If it comes to the development of the low labido on two or more phases, it may be characterized as a frigidity. Frigidity is a synonym to the female impotence. A woman loses an interest to the sexual activity and is not able to have an orgasm during the sexual intercourse.
The experts in the female sexopathology distinguish several groups of the causes leading to the frigidity:
- Hormone imbalance. The increase of the prolactin secretion leads to the reduction of the sexual arousal, a disorder of the endocrine function of the ovaries, and causes a loss of the interest to sex. This pathology may be a cause of the disorder in the first and the second stage of the sexual response.
- Psychological disorders. A chronic fatigue, stress, concerns/anxiety, depression, psychological traumas (especially after sexual abuse), and conflicts with a partner kill the sexual drive and may cause a complete absence of the sexual desire. The psychological factors often influence on the all stages of the sexual response. Even if a woman has sex during the poor arousal, it is impossible to have orgasm because of the excessive psychoemotional tension.
- Physiological pathologies. The worsening of the quality of the sexual health of women including frigidity may be observed due to pancreatic diabetes, diseases of the cardiovascular system, nervous system, diseases of the genitals, tumors, and others.
- Disorders of the genital sphere. It is a separate category of the pathologies related directly to the physiological peculiarities of the female body. It may be a retention of the sexual response maturation, anatomic deficiencies of the female sexual organs, innervation disorder of the muscle fibers of the pelvic floor, an excessive dryness of vagina, menopause, and others.
The female frigidity and low labido is complicated if there are several factors. Therefore, to effectively treat the pathology, it is necessary to have a complex medical examination, and common doctor’s consultation will not do.
Vaginismus as a cause of impotence in women. What is Vaginismus?
Center for Sexual Health Promotion, Indiana University, in the USA, has recently provided information according to which about 30% of women and about 7% of men experience pain during the sexual intercourse. Vaginismus is one of causes of the pain in women during the sexual intercourse.
Vaginismus is a spasmodic muscular action of the vagina and pelvic floor making a sexual intercourse more difficult. At the same time, the spasmodic tension of the muscles may appear before, as well as during the sexual intercourse. According to the statistics, about 4-5% of women at the age of 18 to 35 suffer from vaginismus.
A peculiarity of the disease is that the spasmodic muscular action cannot be controlled. They happen unintentionally, and a woman does not know when the spasmodic reaction can happen. Due to this, every sexual intercourse becomes a lottery game, and besides the physiological tension, a woman also has a psychological pressure. A man may also get pain during the spasmodic muscular action of the vagina.
The penis may be jammed after the penetration during the spasm, and it will be difficult to put it out from the vagina as it may be accompanied with pain and edema of the penis.
An opinion that the symptoms of vaginismus appear only during the sexual intercourse is wrong. The intensity of the semiotics depends on the disease:
- Stage 1: a reaction occurs during the penetration of the penis into the vagina or a penetration of a medical tool during the gynecological examination.
- Stage 2: a reaction occurs during the touch of the genitals (it does not have to be the penis) or during an expectation of a touch;
- Stage 3: spasm occurs during thinking about a sexual intercourse or a potential penetration of the gynecological tools into the vagina.
The last stage is often accompanied by some psychological disorders which are a cause of the disease development in some way. Moreover, a stable reduction of the libido and a development of the female impotence is observed at this stage.
The interrelation of vaginismus and frigidity may be explained. If a woman just experiences discomfort during the sexual intercourse at the beginning of the disease, due to the progress of the disease even thoughts about the sexual intercourse are accompanied by the psychosomatics and negative emotions.
Nevertheless, about 47% of women with vaginismus state that they have a sexual arousal, the blood flow becomes intensive in the genitals, they like the petting of a partner, but the spasmodic action happens during the sexual intercourse, so that women lose an interest in the intimacy.
It is clinically proved that vaginismus is psychogenic in 90% of cases and the spasmodic muscular actions of the vagina are conditioned by the general increased nervous agitation. Due to this, a direct consequence and a development of the psychogenic factors is observed in the formation of the female sexual dysfunction.
Vaginismus is often developed in worrisome, anxious women under the influence of the insights or own negative experience of the painful defloration or sexual intercourses. Due to the constant anxiety, a stage of the sexual arousal and a culmination are unachievable during the sexual activity. And if a woman may have a sexual drive, the physical contact is impossible because of the unconditional protective reaction of the nervous system.
This fact is confirmed because the age of patients with vaginismus is 18-30. The experienced women at the age of 30-40 seldom have these problems. So, the younger the woman is, the less she has sexual intercourses, the more she experiences fear before the sexual activity, the higher the risks of vaginismus are.
Therefore, the treatment of vaginismus is based on the psychotherapy and semantic therapy. Gynecologist, sexologist, and psychologist should take part in the treatment. A partner is also talked to and taught how to stimulate a woman for a complete relaxation and prepare her to the sexual activity.
The sexual relations will not be associated with negative feelings during the successful treatment of vaginismus, and the increase of libido and a recovery of the sexual function happens.
Female labido. How to increase labido in woman?
If a diagnosis of low Female labido is made, a history taking plays a great role:
- Level and duration of the reduced sexual drive;
- Presence of the disorders of the orgasmic function;
- Ultrasound imaging of the reproductive system and organs of the abdominal cavity for the presence of pathologies;
- Tests for the sexually transmitted diseases;
- Ultrasound imaging of thyroid body and blood test for hormones. The index of estradiol, progesterone, testosterone, prolactin, hormones of the adrenal and thyroid body.
To determine the scheme of the pharmaceutical treatment for increase labido in woman, it is necessary to consult sexologist and psychotherapist. The treatment of the female impotence and low female labido is aimed at removing causes that have conduced to the development of the sexual dysfunction. Therefore, a complex medical examination is required. If an exact cause of a disorder is not detected, it will be impossible to increase the female labido.
There is no classical scheme of the sexual dysfunction treatment in women. It all depends on a clinical presentation. There is just a set of tools and mechanisms due to which the female sexual health is restored. This set may include the use of pharmaceutical products, psychotherapy, a change of the lifestyle, weight loss and even surgeries.
During the hormone imbalance a hormonal replacement therapy is recommended (especially during menopause). Women are prescribed medications of the synthetic estrogen or medications stimulating synthesis of estrogens in the body. Short-term courses of the hormonal therapy restore a balance of the female sexual hormones, regulate the menstrual cycle, relieve the symptoms of the menopause.
During physiological pathologies women are also prescribed a pharmaceutical therapy. A choice of a drug depends on causes of the pathologies. These are drugs to improve the blood circulation in genitals, lower the blood pressure, medications to reduce the cholesterol level in the blood.
As the psychogenic factors lead to the inhibition of labido in more than half of cases, a work with a psychologist or psychotherapist gives an opportunity to increase the efficiency of the therapy and set the harmony in the sexual relations. The use of some sedative products or antidepressants is recommended during the psychogenic types of frigidity besides the psychotherapy. They will help to relax and focus on getting positive emotions from the intimacy.
In extreme cases, women are prescribed surgical procedures. It may be related to a development of the benign tumor, cyst, or a bad development of genitals. A surgery is seldom involved into the process of the therapy of the female impotence but these cases happen as well.
Besides the basic treatment, women are recommended to use the additional methods and techniques to improve the results.
- The use of special lubricants, gels, arousing lubricant: the lubricants help to relax and get more pleasant sensations during frequent painful sensations during sex.
- Sports and balanced diet: it is difficult to overestimate the healthy lifestyle. Quality food helps to set metabolic processes in the body, and the physical activity improves the blood circulation in the genitals, and internal muscles.
- Learning uncommon sexual practice and methods.
- Learning sexual physiotherapeutic procedures: Kegel exercises, training of the internal muscles of vagina, and others.
Medicines to increase labido in women. Labido Booster
A pharmaceutical set of women to boost the female labido is smaller than in men. It is related to the fact that the pharmaceutical studies have recently been conducted. In spite of this, there is a set of the medical products which will help women to increase libido and treat the female impotence.
The Best Female Enhancement
- Female Viagra: a new medication on the market has been developed specially for women who experience sexual dysfunctions. It increases a sexual drive, boost labido, helps to have an orgasm. Today the drug does not have the analogues. This is the best Labido Booster!
- Flibanserin is indicated to treat hypolibidinousness during menopause. It helps during all types of the female impotence and increases libido by means of increasing the serotonin level in the brain.
- Androgens/testosterone: to boost the sexual drive the male sexual hormones may be used to stimulate the brain parts responsible for the arousal.
- Bupropion (Wellbutrin) is considered one of the softest antidepressants. It helps to remove tension, fatigue, copes with phobias. It works as a supportive drug during menopause. A woman can easily achieve the sexual response and have an orgasm by means of the relaxation.
- Drugs containing estrogens: we have talked about them in our article. But these medications may be taken in different ways. Nowadays, the oral use of the estrogens is pointless because there are skin creams, lubricants and special patches. They help to increase the production of estrogens and reduce dryness of vagina and achieve an orgasm faster.
A set of the medical products should be individual for every woman depending on causes of the sexual dysfunction and symptoms. Some women do not need medications because the main cause of the disorders lies in the brain and depends on a psychological and emotional mood.
Natural female enhancement
The following products may be regularly used besides the pills:
- Dietary supplements;
- Natural extracts out of herbs and vegetable ingredients.
There are many products that do not contain synthetic medical ingredients but effectively increase the female libido. Even a regular use of ginger, seafood, dark chocolate and some other ingredients allows increasing a sexual drive and a quality of the sexual relations.
Bear in mind that the sexual health depends on a balance between your physical and psychological health. The less you will think of possible disorders and false diseases, and the more you will talk to your partner, the longer you will keep a good sexual health.