How to increase testosterone in men? The best test Booster
Testosterone is the main male sexual hormone which has a broad activity in the male body. A synthesis of testosterone happens out of cholesterol, involving hormone-producing cells of the male sexual glands. Testosterone is often associated with a sexual hormone, however, it is not true.
- What is testosterone? What does estrogen do?
- What is low T? Do I have low T? The optimum level of Testosterone for male body
- I have low T: What causes low T and what is health consequences?
- Low T in Men – What is the causes?
- Low T symptoms. Signs of low T in men
- Low T supplements. How to increase male hormones naturally?
- How to increase t levels? Features of nutrition
- How to raise t levels? Rejection of bad habits
- Low test levels? Start Physical training!
- Normalization of sleep and mental state helps to raise test levels!
- Regular sex helps to increase male hormones
- Low T Treatment - Top test Boosters. Testosterone replacement therapy
What is testosterone? What does estrogen do?
First up, testosterone is a hormone which determines the masculinity which is the base of the gender differences: hair growth, gruff and deep voice, high activity of the sweat glands, and others.
This hormone executes several important functions in the body:
- A control over the correct formation and a development of the male sexual organs and external male characteristics;
- A control and involvement in a synthesis of the seminal fluid;
- A regulation of the psychological and social behavior of a man;
- An involvement in a synthesis of protein in the tissues. It is the main anabolic hormone in the male body;
- An involvement in partition of fat in the tissues without accumulating it in the abdominal cavity and buttocks;
- An involvement in a formation and development of the bone tissue.
Testosterone has also a great influence on a sexual function. It is responsible for:
The male body requires testosterone since embryo generation. This hormone shows its androgenic properties starting from the 13 week and takes part in a formation of the external genitals of a man and a woman. Testosterone is also produced in the female body but in a lesser degree than in men. This hormone is synthesized in ovaries in women, and then it is transformed into estrogens.
It prevails in the female body during pregnancy because it is responsible for the formation of fetus and takes part in a development of breast and lactation. Estrogen is the main female sex hormone; women also need testosterone in order to maintain a sexual function. Due to this reason, testosterone is considered the main sex hormone because libido of men and women and a satisfaction with sexual intercourses depends on its concentration.
What is low T? Do I have low T? The optimum level of Testosterone for male body
As any other hormone, testosterone should be synthesized in certain proportions. Any abnormality causes one or another pathologies. This hormone is the basic for men but we cannot say that its excessive amount has a positive effect on the health. Rather on the contrary.
Testosterone exists in three types in the blood:
- Free testosterone: an active type is not related to proteins of the blood. The body has just 1-4% of this type. This is the free testosterone that is responsible for all physiological properties of this hormone.
- Binding testosterone: a type is related to albumen. The body has about 20-40% from total testosterone.
- Testosterone binding to globulin: it binds the sex hormones and prevails in the body – about 60-70% from total testosterone.
Do I have low T? To determine the optimal level of testosterone, it is not obligatory to get tests on all three types. It is enough to know a total level of testosterone and free testosterone. The indexes of testosterone level depends on an age. The highest indexes are observed at the age of 16 to 25, during sexual development. A production of the sex hormone starts decreasing by 1-1,5% per year at the age of 25-30.
What is low T? The reference range of testosterone in the male body are as follows:
- Total testosterone 12-33 (nmol/L);
- Free testosterone (biologically active): 3,5 up to 12 (nmol/L)
This is the range which a man should follow within whole life, without taking into account the age category. If the age differences are taken into account, the minimal total testosterone for young men at the age of under 25 should be 19 nmol/L.
Men at the age of over 50 should maintain the level of the total testosterone at least 12 nmol/L or higher, but not lower than that. These ranges guarantee a complete functioning of testosterone.
I have low T: What causes low T and what is health consequences?
The hormone level may drop at various reasons. But, as a rule, the reasons of low t are divided into:
- primary, caused by diseases of the endocrine system and internal disorders;
- secondary, caused by external factors and factors associated with the lifestyle of a person.
The primary may include not only acute and chronic pathologies of a man but also a process of the natural ageing. Many men have signs of the androgenic deficit till the age of 50-55 caused by the natural irreversible ageing process.
The following disorders may be added to the primary causes of a low T:
- Dysfunction of the testicles as a result of trauma, birth defects or surgical intervention;
- Genetic diseases: Klinefelter's syndrome, Kallmann's syndrome, Down's syndrome;
- Pathologies of the thyroid gland;
- Severe diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- Cirrhosis of the liver;
- Neuroendocrine tumors;
- Infectious diseases of testicles and prostate.
Low T in Men – What is the causes?
The primary causes of the low testosterone may also contain mental disorders. Moreover, the range of testosterone mostly drops during stress, depression, chronic fatigue, concerns, and anxiety. The more load the central nervous system has, the less testosterone is produced.
This is a float value, and the testosterone level becomes normal after the recovery of the emotional state. Many men think that the decrease of testosterone directly depends on the functioning of the body and the external factors do not influence on the decrease of this hormone. But it is a common misconception.
Due to the external factors, a fast and premature decrease of testosterone level happens in 50% of cases:
- A sedentary lifestyle and excessive body weight, as a result of which the estrogen level rises and testosterone decreases.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, animal fats, foods rich in cholesterol or caffeine.
- The influence of toxic substances of the external environment, as well as the side effect of uncontrolled improper intake of potent drugs.
- Lack of proper sleep.
- A prolonged absence of sexual relations.
The last statement may seem weird for many but as the clinical studies have shown, the sexual abstinence within more than 3 months conduces to the decrease of the testosterone level. The longer this period is, the more the level of the sex hormones drops, and so does libido.
A fall of the T level means serious problems for the body. First up, these are sexual problems and a premature ageing of the body. The androgenic deficit is characterized by many negative symptoms which cut up both physical and psychological health.
Due to the dropped T level, the endocrine system suffers, hormone imbalance happens, and there is a risk of a feminization of a man (a development of the secondary female sexual character: fat on the stomach and thighs, change of a voice, reduced hair growth, and others). Moreover, the cardiovascular system suffers, the bone density is reduced, and a sexual drive disappears.
A decrease of testosterone in the male body lower than the minimal index may tell that a reproductive function of a man remains in critical condition and a chance of conceiving drops.
Low T symptoms. Signs of low T in men
The symptoms of testosterone deficiency appear at once. Even though men do not always pay attention to them, the effect of the testosterone decrease affects physical and psychological state.
The low T symptoms in the male body may be divided into several groups:
1. Disorders of the endocrine system:
- Obesity - increased volume of adipose tissue and body mass ratio;
- Gynecomastia - growth of mammary glands;
- Excessive sweating;
- Reduction of hair follicles on the body of a man - baldness.
2. Musculoskeletal pathologies:
- Osteoporosis - a decrease in bone density;
- Decreased muscle mass;
- Weakness - reduction of physical strength;
- Prolonged pain in the joints, muscles, bones.
3. Psychoemotional disorders:
- Prolonged progressive depression;
- Frequent mood swings;
- Panic attacks, anxiety;
- Sleep disorders;
- Permanent physical weakness and fatigue.
4. Vegetosovascular symptoms:
- Tachycardia - a disorder of the heart rate;
- Increased blood pressure;
- Anemia - low hemoglobin level in the blood.
5. Sexual disorders:
- Erectile dysfunction;
- Lack of sexual desire;
- Premature ejaculation;
- Decrease in testicle size - testicular atrophy;
- Deterioration of reproductive function.
Signs of low T may appear in various sequence, but a man first of all experiences the psychoemotional changes and sexual dysfunctions. Then the symptoms of the severer pathologies are manifested.
If a man has two or more low t symptoms within a long period, and they are not related to the objective factors, it is recommended to go to an andrologist and check the level of testosterone. The decrease of testosterone may be easily prevented than trying to return them to the normal range.
Low T supplements. How to increase male hormones naturally?
In case of the reduced level of testosterone, men are recommended to try the natural supplements and ways to increase t levels.
- First, it is correct and natural for the body.
- Secondly, it is more effective over a long period.
- Thirdly, no side effects.
The pharmaceutical low t supplements of the testosterone recovery should be applied only in case of the severe androgenic failure when the natural methods do not help. The natural methods of the testosterone recovery are available to any man, and the most important is that they influence on a cause of the decrease of the sex hormones, not on just the symptoms.
As was already mentioned, one of the causes of the testosterone decrease is a disturbance of regimen, diet, and bad habits. Getting rid of these factors, it is possible to set a normal function of the endocrine function and stimulate a growth of the testosterone synthesis.
We want to add in favor of this method that even men over 50 have a progress in the recovery of testosterone level if all rules and recommendations are observed. We will talk about the methods of the natural recovery of testosterone later on.
How to increase t levels? Features of nutrition
To increase t levels, it is necessary to adjust nutrition, avoid overeating, eat 3-4 times per day not later than 3 hours before sleeping. The diet should be balanced and contain a lot of vegetable and animal proteins, fibers, and animal fats.
The amount of carbohydrates should be restricted. Following a reasonable balance between proteins, carbs, and fats is what increase the hormone level. Moreover, there are certain products that directly stimulate a production of testosterone.
As testosterone is produced out of cholesterol, it is necessary to add the following ingredient to the menu:
- Red fish;
- Low-fat meat;
- Eggs (both white and yolk);
- Whole milk.
Bear in mind that there are two types of cholesterol: lipoproteins of high density – a good cholesterol, and lipoproteins of low density – a bad cholesterol. The second type of cholesterol causes a formation of cholesterol plaques, and therefore do not consume too fatty food and do follow a balance between proteins, carbs, and fats.
A food ration should also contain products containing selenium, arginine, and plants from mustard family – cabbage, broccoli, and others. It is necessary to consume nuts, honey, seafood (they work better during the recovery of the testosterone level). Clear water plays an important role. It helps to improve the metabolic processes especially in people doing sports.
Therefore, take at least 2 liters of water per day.
There are also products which should be avoided because they slow down the recovery of testosterone level:
- Fast carbohydrates contain high amount of sugar, increase fatty tissue. These include bakery foods, bread, desserts;
- Effervescent and fizzy drinks also contain a lot of sugar;
Remember about the additional use of minerals and vitamins. Even a balanced diet does not always contain a full set of all needed nutrients, and the body needs the following vitamins during the decreased testosterone level:
- Vitamin C: an antioxidant inhibits a production of cortisol which slows down the synthesis of testosterone;
- Vitamin E: an antioxidant increases a sensitivity of glucose to insulin;
- Vitamin D helps to uptake calcium, turns estrogen into more weaker types;
- Vitamins from B group increase a synthesis of the sex hormones and take part in all vital processes.
Bear in mind! A nutrition is just a way to regulate metabolism, clean the body from cholesterol, excessive sugar, and body weight. Do not focus on the healthy eating only. It is just one of the tools to increase the level of testosterone and helps only in combination with other methods.
How to raise t levels? Rejection of bad habits
The scientific studies have proved that alcohol launches the mechanism of the testosterone transformation into estrogens. This way, the alcohol consumption have a negative impact on the hormone balance of men. It is one of the worst habits which makes the testosterone level drop.
Moreover, such popular drink as beer contains a high concentration of the analogues of the female sex hormones – phytoestrogens. They act as an inhibiting element in the hormone system of a man and lower the testosterone level.
In addition, the number of bad habits include:
- Tobacco smoking;
- Narcotic drug use;
- Abuse of medicines without the knowledge of a doctor.
Cigarettes also contain a lot of harmful ingredients which poison the male body. The blood quality becomes worse, the blood circulation is affected in the body, and the blood is not full of oxygen. It affects the blood circulation in the genitals, especially testes. Testicles are very sensitive to the body intoxication, i.e. it happens during smoking.
A long-term smoking causes a serious increase of the toxin level in the body preventing a production of gonadotropin hormone. Gonadotropin is an important ingredient taking part in the testosterone synthesis. The adrenal cortex also suffers from the intoxication, and it plays a great role in the testosterone synthesis.
A process of the testosterone decrease is slow because of smoking, but it complicates the therapeutic procedures in combination with any other factors.
The action of the narcotic drugs is the same but they act faster, the body intoxication is severer, and hypothalamus, spinal cord, brain, and nervous system are affected.
In other words, any ingredients that may cause the body intoxication should be avoided in the life. It is difficult to give up a habit, and it may be even impossible to do for someone but it is the only way to return the normal reference values of testosterone.
Low test levels? Start Physical training!
One of the possible causes of the low test levels is hypodynamia. It is a common issue of the modern men who have a sedentary lifestyle and do not have time and desire to do sport. Men regularly doing sports, as a rule, do not face a decreased testosterone level. It is related to the fact that a physical stress that the body has on trainings stimulates the hidden possibilities of the body to the adaptation to the loads.
Testosterone is responsible for that and for physical strength, volume of muscles, and formation of the bony skeleton. Exercises aimed at the training of the tolerance and strength will do for the recovery of the testosterone level. Trainings should be intensive but short. The body should get a stress but not severe, so that testosterone will be produced for the protein synthesis and a recovery.
NOTA BENE! An overtraining is the main enemy of testosterone. Trainings should be moderate, and the body should rest during fatigue.
Here are several main recommendations:
- The best trainings are trainings with weight. Train big muscle groups: legs, back, and chest. Add long weightlifting exercises to the trainings.
- A duration of the training should not exceed an hour because a longer training causes a production of cortisol.
- A number of trainings should not exceed 3 times per week. Take a break for at least one day between the trainings to restore the muscles and strength of the body.
Focus on exercises improving the muscles of the pelvic area. The more the blood is circulated in the organs of the small pelvis, the better it is. If a man cannot train with weight and have a regular physical activity, it is recommended to increase the aerobic load: walking, and bicycling. Pay more attention to that.
A sprint race may be used as an alternative way to increase testosterone. The explosive short work of the muscles favors a release of testosterone and growth hormone. The more time you pay to the physical activity, the faster the testosterone synthesis is increased.
Normalization of sleep and mental state helps to raise test levels!
A release of most part of the sex hormones happens in the phase of the deep sleep, and if a man does not get enough sleep and is tired, all measures taken to increase the testosterone level will come to naught. Many do not even think that testosterone is produced during sleep, and not within a day or training. That is why, the highest range of testosterone is observed in the morning, after awakening.
Healthy sleep takes about 7-8 hours for most people but the main criteria of the normal duration of sleep is a good well-being and good spirits during awakening. In a perfect world, you should wake up without an alarm, fully rested. A deep sleep phase is very important, it is time when a person is fully relaxed and a recovery happens after a busy day.
A phase of the deep sleep takes about 20-25% from the entire duration of sleep. A time of sleep is also important. The best time is considered from 10:00 pm to 06:00 am. The phase of the deep sleep occurs at about 3 am to 5 am. But due to the rhythm disturbance, the phase of the deep sleep may shift, be shorter, or go not so deeply as needed. Due to this, a person feels fatigue, and sleepiness. Due to these reasons, testosterone is not synthesized at the required amount, and its recovery will happen slowly.
What to do? It is that simple. Create the conditions for the full 7-8-hour-sleep at comfortable conditions. If it is impossible to do, create a sleep regimen when a man will fall asleep and wake up at the same time. It will give a great impulse to increase the testosterone level.
Regular sex helps to increase male hormones
A decrease of testosterone is accompanied by a weak erection and a reduced sexual drive. But in spite of these symptoms, andrologists recommend to continue the sexual activity, and in some cases, increase the frequency of the sexual activity.
The sexual intercourses increase the synthesis of the sex hormones. A stimulation, arousal, ejaculation are the processes that are important for the good functioning of the reproductive system. As it was mentioned, continence is one of causes of the reduced testosterone level.
Therefore any sexual stimulation is important to restore the sex hormones. Sex should be regular. A duration or intensity is not obligatory. It should be a physical contact between a man and a woman when the hormones of satisfaction, adrenaline, and sex hormones are released.
Moreover, the heart work is improved, the blood circulation gets better in the testicles and penis. It all stimulates the synthesis of testosterone. Besides these biological and physiological processes inside the body, sex is a physical activity and a good way to defeat depression and stress.
Low T Treatment - Top test Boosters. Testosterone replacement therapy
Besides the natural ways to restore the testosterone level in men, the pharmaceutical procedures are also used. The principle of the treatment depends on a type of the pathology:
- If insignificant decrease of testosterone, the boosters of testosterone are recommended. These medications act on the natural biochemical processes, and due to them, the production of endogenous testosterone is increased.
- If androgenic failure, a replacement therapy is recommended. Synthetic analog of testosterone that are implemented in the therapeutic doses to maintain the endocrine functions.
The so called testosterone boosters are safe, and in most cases they do not affect the endogenous function. The testosterone level will not be changed after the end of the treatment. This method better works for young men.
Top test boosters:
- Chorion gonadotropic hormone increases a production of FSH and LH which take part in the testosterone synthesis;
- Tribulus is a natural testosterone simulator, increases the synthesis of LH.
Testosterone replacement therapy is recommended for men who have the critical testosterone level, and there are indications for the development of serious complications. Moreover, the exogenous hormones of testosterone works for old men whose natural production of the sex hormones is affected.
Various types of testosterone belong to these medications:
- Injectable: testosterone propionate, testosterone enanthate, testosterone cypionate;
- Oral medications: Methyltestosterone, Fluoxymesterone;
- Subcutaneous implants containing testosterone in free form.
Testosterone replacement therapy should be controlled by a doctor. It is necessary to take the blood test every 3 months to control the range of testosterone.